Sunday 24 April 2011

Pure Evil Gallery| MadABC show.

Thank you super lots to all of you who voted for my monster alphabet in the Don't Panic Street Alphabet competition a few weeks ago. I later found out that my design had been picked in the top five entries, and would be displayed in the Pure Evil Gallery as part of MadC's 'MadABC' show. I was invited to attend the private view last week, but unfortunately, living in the depths of Dorset, it is difficult to get to London at short notice. So instead, the boy and I took a lovely trip to London yesterday to go and have a peek.





For someone who is very interested in hand-rendered typography, I found the whole exhibition very inspiring. The graffiti-style of the work on show is not the kind of work I usually look at, but the mixed-media images created were vibrant and colourful, and opened my eyes as to how letters can be used to created imagery.

These are a selection of my favourite images;




The show is open until May 1st, so if you're in London I definitely recommend a visit. I'll leave you with this little inspirational post-it note message that I spied stuck next to a desk in the gallery. It made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your messages, and read every single one, so you can guarantee that if you leave me a comment, it will really make my day! ♥ Thank you, I hope you have a happy day. :]