Tuesday 22 February 2011

Amelia's Magazine | London Fashion Week A/W 2011; Prophetik Review.

Until this weekend, I had totally convinced myself that I couldn't do fashion illustration, so when the call outs starting coming for fashion illustrations for LFW reviews for Amelia's Magazine, my immediate thought was no way. However, I'm a girl and I like pretty dresses, so in the end I replied to a call out from Matt Bramford for a review of the Prophetik show. When the images came through, I have to admit I did panic - but after I'd calmed down, I sat down and just had a go. I've used all the LFW illos I've produced this week as a way to experiement with different ways of creating fashion illustrations, using different materials. There are some I love, and some that I'm not so sure about, but it's definitely been an expereince, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. For these two, I reverted back to pure drawing - something I have not done for quite a while.


In the article, Matt Bramford describes that the dresses 'evoked romance and elegance', which are 'two characteristics that have become Prophetik's signature', and he is absolutely right. The above dress is totally gorgeous in real-life, I definitely need it in my life!


You can read the full review of the Prophetik show here, and also check out Amelia's Magazine for amazing reviews of loads of the London Fashion Week shows, all complete with beautiful photographs, and stunning illustrations.

2 comments:

  1. these are great you can definitely do fashion Illustration from what i see above.
    I love the movement that comes across in the way you have drawn the dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really beautiful madi well done! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your messages, and read every single one, so you can guarantee that if you leave me a comment, it will really make my day! ♥ Thank you, I hope you have a happy day. :]